Maybe you know the problem. Normal cat names are… well too normal for you. And you can’t do much with the particularly unusual ones either. If you’re also a particularly humorous person, a funny cat name might be right for you.
We found some particularly funny cat names for both males and females. But before we get to our suggestions, there are a few things you should think about before you decide on a funny name.
Funny names bring problems
Even if you like the idea very much in the first few days, this can change quickly after a while. Depending on how funny your cat name is, it can happen that the name is too ridiculous for you after a short time. Remember your velvet paw should wear this funny cat name all of its life, hopefully a very long and happy one. Therefore, we have listed some things for you here that you should think about briefly in order to test funny cat names for, let’s say, suitability for everyday use.
- The small, sweet and certainly clumsy kitten is getting bigger. The funny, slightly clumsy nature of the very young cats wears off very quickly. Usually the animals grow much faster than their owners would like. Please note that a funny cat name that is beautiful for a few weeks old kitten that can hardly stand on its feet is not necessarily suitable for a full-grown housewife.
- If your cat is outdoors, you will inevitably have to call her by name once. Even if your own garden is not directly public, at least your direct neighbors will notice that too. The funny cat name should therefore not be one that you do not dare to pronounce out loud without wanting to sink into the ground out of embarrassment.
- Not only the animal but you are getting older too. Hopefully you can have many happy years with your cat. When choosing a funny cat name, keep in mind that as you go through these years, you will mature and your sense of humor will change.
- Changing a funny cat name that the animal has got used to is more than difficult and should be avoided if possible.
Funny cat name ideas – male and female
Now that you’ve been warned about the problems with funny cat names, let’s take a look at what ideas there are for them. Discover our favorites of the funny ideas for male and female cats divided into different categories.
funny ironic suggestions
Ironic funny cat names? How is that possible? Quite simply, you use names that seem completely unsuitable for the cute little housewife. When you hear the names of many rulers or gods of ancient cultures, one thinks of a lot, but not of a small and fluffy kitten. Here are some suggestions for both boy and girl animals:
- Leonidas – King of Sparta
- Xerxes – Egyptian pharaoh and great king
- Hannibal – Carthaginian military leader
- Poseidon – Greek god
- Odin – Nordic god
- Ramses – Egyptian Pharaoh
- Cleopatra – Egyptian Pharaoh
- Archimedes – Greek mathematician
Inspired by movies
Again, clever use of irony turns these suggestions into funny cat names.
- Indiana Jones
More fun ideas for your kitten
Some of them play with words to get funny cat name ideas.
- Big Mac
- Captain Balu
- King Kong